Friday, April 2, 2021

Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover ... err... Car

I have twice now been fortunate to live in a city in California where I don't really need a car. Getting work and home in the same zip-code is really key there, or working from home in my case. Although this piece makes a good run at it, it is very, very hard to describe the sense of freedom & belonging, two things rarely found under the same roof, from NOT having to climb into a car 10-times a day. I love both the tech of cars and driving, but never a good idea to make something you love a chore, and commuting is a chore!

 


 

When I saw the count - 50 - I immediately thought of this Paul Simon song, but really love this cover, so went with it. Enjoy the music while you read the article, preferably while sitting at a Bistro Table with a friend outdoors on a sunny day. Cheers!

No comments: