Thursday, January 21, 2010

What to Eat on a Rainy Day

It's been raining for about a week here now, and the air smells so fresh I've been walking in the rain just to drink it in. Pile on the clothes, and throw the windows open, it's too clean & fresh to shut out. It seems to be affecting my appetite too, as I have been craving salads. It doesn't hurt that the salads have turned out to be excellent for building liver glycogen either, but mostly, its just the clean taste I've been craving. This was dinner last night.



Safeway organic baby greens, organic spinach, craisins, wheat germ, Bumble Bee very low sodium tuna, balsamic vinegar, and LiteHouse balsamic vinegar salad dressing with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on top. I used the Peri organic yellow onions instead of the usual shallots, and they didn't disappoint. A little balsamic vinegar helps soften the spinach. What an explosion of taste.

2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Yum, thanks for the recipe, I'm just finishing a fast, so that could be on the menu tonight!

Grey Beard said...

Welcome to my blog Lily! I used to fast too, and think it has many health benefits. It's hard to find good info on fasting these days. Any tips?