Thursday, December 3, 2009

Colorado Cyclist

I just got an email notification from UPS that my CUSTOM BUILT wheel has shipped from Colorado Cyclist already! This came only 26 hours after they received my order. Now THAT's what I'm talking about when I say "customer service".

 This message was sent to you at the request of COLORADO CYCLIST to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact COLORADO CYCLIST directly.

Wow, these guys are starting out strong. What a huge contrast to Cambria. I'm a little worried that the DT Swiss Revolution spokes need a lot of TLC (think time) to build with, but maybe they build them in batches and had a few left? I will reserve judgment until I get them here safe and sound, but this is a very impressive start.


I also want to give a big shout out to a new book "Fixed" I was sent through the Amazon.com Vines program to review. I was asked to join Vines because my reviews there were highly rated. It's kind of a cool program where you get to pick stuff they send you to keep. You just have to review it. I get a lot of 'beta' books where I feel I am doing the job of an editor somewhere in NY, NY, so I have been put off a bit with the whole program, but this book is excellent, and makes up for all those nights and weekends slogging through amateurish crap.


The book is written by a graphic designer and a professional writer, both of whom are avid cyclists. The pictures are plentiful and, in many cases, rare. The text is very well written and comprises a treasure trove of cycling history. I hope these guys come out with a follow-up book called "Geared" so that the two books will comprise an excellent history of the sport in two beautifully illustrated books.

This is the perfect Christmas gift for anyone who owns a pair of cycling shoes - or an impressionable mind that you hope someday will. It was reading a book exactly like this that first got me interested in bike racing as a sport.

No comments: