Saturday, March 28, 2009

Party Pardee - Next Saturday


Party Pardee is coming up next Saturday, and at 65 miles and 4,150 of climb, I think I am more than ready, so will ride an "easy" 40 miler on Tuesday and take this weekend off. After the 60 mile ride to Rescue 40 hours after a hard 33 miler to Beal's and then two 40 milers back to back on Wednesday and Thursday this week I am more than ready. The big risk at this point is over-training and tearing up my legs, which are frankly still a bit sore.



Between my two Meetup.com bicycling groups there are over 30 people signed up, most of which I know, so it should be a fun ride. I will try to start slow and ease into it because as my fitness level increases it is more and more important that I warm up adequately. I've read about it, but recently, I've been experiencing it too. Slow at first is better. On a super-strong day I have a feeling I could ride it in 3:30, but will shoot for 4 hours this early in the season and keep my eye on the Mt Hamilton prize in mid-June - my personal goal for the season.



I am intrigued by the Auburn Century though, and if I decide to train for that, I will attempt to ride the Mt Hamilton route and then peel off half-way back to the start at San Antonio - where the Mt Hamilton and the Century routes go in opposite directions - where I'll join the Century route. This will make for around 15,000 ft of climb and ~ 150 miles. I'll have to see if I can get the route sheets for both. (I'd like to see them offer this as another ride since it wouldn't add to their SAG or logistical loads)


View Larger Map
From here to there

No comments: